My dream for the baby plan has always been to capture the tiny details of babies growing throughout their first year. There is so much change that happens as gummy grins become toothy smiles, chubby legs begin to walk, and babies start looking a lot like kids! I love this part of my job…watching babies grow and getting to capture these priceless memories for parents.
So here’s a few things you should know about my baby plan sessions:
1) The baby plan includes 3 sessions: newborn, 6 month-ish, and 1 year. The reason I say “6 month-ish” is because I schedule these sessions when your baby is sitting well on their own. This usually happens around 6 months, but some babies are on their own schedule!
2) Baby plan sessions are designed to capture your baby. Babies have a very short attention span so sessions usually only last between 30-45 minutes. Because of this, family pictures are not a guaranteed part of the baby plan. Most of the time, I do get some pictures with mom, dad, and/or siblings, but this is never the focus. I definitely do use parents as props when photographing little ones who are shy or unsure of the camera, but the focus is always on the baby.
3) Sessions take place either at an outdoor location or in the studio. I have a list of different locations for you to choose from. If you would like to choose a different location, there is an additional fee. I spend a lot of time location scouting and have chosen places that aren’t crowded, are easy to get to, and offer a good variety of backgrounds for a diverse gallery of images.
4) My goal is to capture beautiful images of your baby, so eye contact is key! This is really difficult when your baby is looking straight up in the air watching you jump up and down and make funny faces behind me. When you do this, I capture beautiful images of your babies nostrils. It’s hard for me to compete with you for your baby’s attention so I promise I will let you know if I need help 🙂
5) 3 month and/or 9 month sessions can be added to your package for an additional fee. Cake smashes are welcome at the 1 year session!
6) All sessions must take place before your baby is 13 months old.